Greenfield Middle School
~ SPRING SPORTS ~
Reminder that all sport sign ups must be done online at:
GMS softball is for 6th & 7th graders; baseball 7th graders.
If anyone is interested in track, please call Mike Kuchieski at
413-772-1350 ext. 1106
On January 13, we welcomed Tom Ricardi of the Massachusetts Birds of Prey Rehabilitation Facility. Students enjoyed learning about and getting a close look at owls, falcons, and even a golden eagle!
School Start and Dismissal Times
Students are to be at school by 7:30 AM and enter through the back door (between gym and cafe). Door is open at 7:15 AM.
After 7:30 students must enter through main entrance on Federal Street.
Dismissal is at 3:40, Monday through Friday
Early Release is 11:10
TO REPORT AN ABSENCE, PLEASE CALL 413-772-1360 AND PRESS “3”
Upon return to school, please bring a note explaining the absence.
What makes us so special?
Did you know that GMS has...
(Items in bold are exclusive to GMS)
- ELA and Math Skills blocks in addition to regular academic courses
- Title I services for all students
- WIFI around the entire building
- Equestrian every day for a select group of 6th graders
- Field trips to GCC (Theater), Highland Pond, Sachem's Head, Montshire Museum, The Boston Science Museum, Connecticut Science Museum, and more
- Advisory meetings each day
- Sports (fall, winter and spring) for 6th and 7th graders
- Coding courses for 5th-7th graders
- Coding and robotics clubs after school
- Chromebooks for 5th-7th graders
- Theater, Family & Consumer Science, PE, Technology, Art, Band, Spanish, Health, and Literacy in Technology offered to all students
- Theme/Spirit days
- Monthly trips to the YMCA for the entire grade
- Free breakfast in the classroom every day
- Free healthy snacks in the classroom every day
- Cycle Kids for 5th graders
- Student Council
- Adventure In/Adventure Out leadership program for 7th graders
- Multiple cultural assemblies/events
- One School, One Read
- New and improved lunch offerings
- Individualized band lessons
- Student leadership opportunities
- Jazz, Wind Ensemble, and Concert Band groups
- Community Volunteerism for 5th graders
GMS Mission Statement
Middle School students engage in extensive community service, project-based learning, and thematic activities, connected to a rigorous and meaningful academic program of study.